quest for the waste mountain
“On May 21st three brave people on bikes took off to find the mysterious Waste Mountain in Kępa Zawadzka 15km south, on the fringes of Warsaw. On the way we explored the landscapes and flora of the wild Vistula bank. We also had a horseradish eating competition, did embroideries, found a secret motorcycle racetrack, listened to genuine country music performed at the local market, admired a sea of sand next to an ocean of dandelions, drank water with stickyweed to become radiative. Finally we reached the ghastly grey mountain hidden in an artificial valley and surrounded by lovely green hills and a natural reserve. The grey powder is waste produced during the burning process at the Siekierki power plant visible in the distance.
Participants: Wojtek Mejor, Vahida Ramujkic, Aviv Kruglanski”
Plants we found and ate:
- Tasznik pospolity, Capsella bursa pastoris, Capsella / Shepard’s purse
- Przytulia czepna, Galium aparine, Cleavers / Stickyweed
- Chrzan pospolity, Armoracia rusticana, Horseradish
- Czosnaczek pospolity, Alliaria petiolata, Mustard Garlic
- Rumianek pospolity, Matricaria chamomilla, Wild chamomile
» Przytulia czepna, Galium aparine, Cleavers / Stickyweed - After drinking water with stickyweed for 48 days we are supposed to ‘radiate.